Tales From The Camping House

Tales From The Camping House

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Olympic Peninsula, Washington


We have been hanging out at the Thousand Trails Oceana Resort in Ocean Shores, Washington.  We have had some sunny days and have enjoyed walking down to the beach.



We made the journey to Olympic National Park and took the hike through the rain forest  by Lake Quinault admiring the lush vegetation.


We spent awhile at the Lake Quinault Lodge.  Who wouldn't want to sit and admire this view?  We could not believe the hydrangeas that were growing wild along the road.


One of the park rangers recommended we see Ruby Beach.  It was beautiful!  Washington beaches have it all, forests, sand and water along with massive rocks coming out of the ocean.

On the log below are lots of little cairns people have built.  When we first walked up to the beach and looked down, I saw the log and thought there were birds lined up on it.  As we got closer and examined it, we realized they were little cairns all along the log.


We also had some beautiful sunsets over the water!



We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Ocean Shores!


Next stop, Thunderbird Thousand Trails near Seattle.

1 comment:

  1. I have just found your blog. I read several blogs everyday dreaming of the day I can travel to some of these beautiful places. Your pictures are wonderful. I really enjoyed them. I am commenting under anonymous because I do not have any of the profiles that it asks for. I hope you are not one of those that automatically deletes the anonymous.

    ReplyDelete