Tales From The Camping House

Tales From The Camping House

Monday, November 21, 2011

Inks Lake

November 10, 2011

We left Austin today heading to Inks Lake State Park which is approximately 80 miles west of Austin. We have been coming to Inks Lake for almost 30 years. We started camping when the kids were little. At that time, we had a tent and then moved up to a popup camper that did not have air conditioning. We stopped camping in 1981 when we got busy with work and our kids' other activities. We didn't get back to the campgrounds until 2005.

Jim went ahead of me while I stopped at HEB in Burnet for groceries. I have my car now, so we will see how it works out . We're still trying to decide if we will keep the car and I will follow Jim when he's pulling the fifth wheel. Then, we'll have the car to run around.

I got to the park and Jim had already parked the Camping House in its spot. We'll be here 12 days.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Inks Lake State Park Burnet, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment